Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Maplin Resurrection?

On 10/04/2020 15:41, The Other John wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 14:20:38 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I was rather surprised, somewhere round about 2005, when working on a
networked TV game show, to discover the on screen game graphics being
provided by a quite old Acorn RPC - with home made interface to feed it
into the system. Explanation was simple. It worked, and no security
issues leaving the gear in a studio. Unlike, say, a laptop.

Back in the late '90s my eldest son was an edit assistant on The Chart
Show where the graphics were provided by an Commodore Amiga.

Yeah I remember that, they just genlocked the main Workbench screen over
the top of the video...

--
Cheers,

John.