Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spark plug coil amplifier

In article ,
AJH wrote:
Are we sure the coil is not just knackered?
Brian

It may be, it shows a few ohms resistance and draws over 250mA with a
1.5 cell across it and doesn't spark the plug when the circuit is
broken.. I'll need to pull one off another to check but I don't have one
here atm.

Ignition systems generally run at a few amps average. Try flicking a 12v
car battery etc across the coil while looking for a spark.

Coils ain't designed to have volts applied constantly for any length of
time.

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.