Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Maplin Resurrection?

Brian Reay wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:

It is a competitive market. Besides there being no shortage of suppliers
of genuine arduino products and numerous r pi (re)sellers, the Chinese
turn out arduino copies/clones by the container load.

Since one of the main points of Arduino is that the hardware design is
open source there really isn't such a thing as 'genuine' Arduino.

You may care to watch the Julian Ilett video on YouTube where he discusses
the various Arduino originals and clones.

The problem with the €˜open source culture, everyone forgets there is no
such thing as a free lunch.

.... and what has that got to do with my comment? It may well be that
suppliers very in quality, that is to be expected, but there isn't
such a thing as a 'genuine' Arduino, that's all I was saying.

--
Chris Green
·