Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Lockdown

On 09/04/2020 15:01:04, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
polygonum_on_google wrote:
Quite clearly lockdown is continuing in Wales - Drakeford said so in
no uncertain terms. Though minimum diration has yet to be announced.

Just who was the idiot who thought a review on Easter Monday made
sense?

The virus is at different stages of its progression in the UK. Same as
in other countries. With London being some weeks ahead of others.

Chances are they'll ease restrictions on a regional basis. Anything
else would be silly.

why?

They will ease restrictions when they are certain the local NHS can cope.

They will only know that when they have tested sufficient of the
population for numbers of those infected. We have no idea what
proportion of the population are infected or the rate of new infections.

The real question is when will we know the NHS can cope?

Lets be optimistic, lets assume 2% of the population will need admission
to a hospital before herd immunity kicks in sufficiently. That's 1
million patients. Each one that survives, probably 1/2, will need a bed
for 1 or 2 weeks. That's a lot of beds, or a very long time to reach
herd immunity.

My numbers may be off, but that should paint a picture of how this might
pan out.

gto a hosptial