Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lockdown

"tim..." wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Broadback wrote:
Personally I think the eye watering cost
to the economy would have been better spent pouring money into the NHS.

Maybe. Had it been done years ago.

You don't get more trained staff and suitable equipment etc within days
of
pouring in money - no matter how much.

I'm pretty sure once this is over, most will still want the lowest
possible taxation etc over decent spending on the NHS.

Yep

there's already demands by idiots for tax cuts to "stimulate" the economy
when this is over

what when we really need is for tax increases to help fund sufficient
infrastructure for next time

Problem is that its impossible to know what infrastructure
will be needed next time. It was impossible to predict what
would be needed in advance with the spanish flu, swine flu,
ebola, SARS. and HIV/AIDS. And not even feasible to have
massive great multi story hospitals used for decades so
they are available to turn on when this virus shows up.