Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Maplin Resurrection?

On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 12:03:59 +0100, Peter Parry
wrote:

Electronics Weekly has a report of the re launch of Maplin Electronics
(www.maplin.co.uk) as an on-line retailer

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/ne...duino-2020-03/

It could be slightly reminiscent of the good ole days where I remember
wandering round the local (ours was not-so-local) Computer shop,
looking at all the very expensive gear on offer from the likes of BBC,
Tandy, Commodore, Sinclair and Atari.

Floppy drives, RAM packs, Sideways boards and the like. ;-)

Being a keen user of the RPi (I think I have at least one of each
model) and Arduino / ESP32's it might be handy for those not yet so
equipped to go, see and buy.

I have a Maplin RPi starter kit (with keyboard, mouse, RPi, PSU and SD
card etc) that was given to me by a family member who was given it for
Xmas but didn't really get into it. I sent some money back for the lad
as I couldn't just take it. ;-)

Cheers, T i m