Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Lockdown

On 09/04/2020 13:01, NY wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
On 09/04/2020 08:59, Brian Reay wrote:
harry wrote:
To be extended for another month at least.
I'm running out of small projects/repair/maintenance jobs around the
house.

Fortunately we have a big garden and a veggie plot. It's a busy time
of
year in the garden.

Must be hell for flat dwellers.

Extended is misleading.

Did anyone sensible expect it to last only a month?

The media have been twisting, exaggerating, and distorting things from
day
one- this extending nonsense is just another example.

What seems to have been lost is that the lockdown will not decrease the
number of cases. It is simply there to save the NHS from melt down by
spreading the cases over time. Personally I think the eye watering cost
to the economy would have been better spent pouring money into the NHS.

Will there also be a tendency for there to be fewer cases overall because
some family groups will get it but then not be able to pass it on to
anyone else so the virus will die out for that group? If all households
are isolated from each other, there will be a point at which none of them
are still able to pass the virus on to anyone else, even if some of the
members of the household suffer and then either recover or die.

I think it is more likely that there will be the same number of
*infections* - essentially until we reach 40% who have survived it or have
been vaccinated whatever - ,

I'm not alone in thinking you are wrong here.

The isolation policy's best result is one of trying to make the virus die
out. The trick will be not reopening our doors to outside risks of
re-infection too soon.

tim