Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Lockdown

"Broadback" wrote in message
On 09/04/2020 08:59, Brian Reay wrote:
harry wrote:
To be extended for another month at least.
I'm running out of small projects/repair/maintenance jobs around the
house.

Fortunately we have a big garden and a veggie plot. It's a busy time of
year in the garden.

Must be hell for flat dwellers.

Extended is misleading.

Did anyone sensible expect it to last only a month?

The media have been twisting, exaggerating, and distorting things from
day
one- this extending nonsense is just another example.

What seems to have been lost is that the lockdown will not decrease the
number of cases. It is simply there to save the NHS from melt down by
spreading the cases over time. Personally I think the eye watering cost to
the economy would have been better spent pouring money into the NHS.

except that no amount of money can magic up:

new buildings
new equipment
extra trained staff

in days

It's the old, expecting 9 women to make a baby in a month trick

tim