Default Home inspection dilemma - missing gutters

On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:02:28 -0400, "
wrote:

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone considers the
cost of the gutters - which will be absolutely trivial compared to the
cost of just about any house - to be an issue.

What is it with first-time buyers, that they think it's reasonable
to considering breaking a deal for something that is going to cost
a couple of hundred bucks, at most? Cripes, don't they have ANY
sense of proportion?

No. And not only that, many of them would rather have absolutely the
most things they're entitled to than a house they actually like. I think
its an ego-response the the insecurity of not knowing what the hell they're
doing.

Inspectors don't help anyone, and most of their inspection report is to
make people think they got their money's worth from the inspection.

We sold our house to first-timers. What a PITA. We almost walked away
from that deal. They wanted a new house but at the same price as a 30yo
house. They just didn't understand that houses need maintenance and
sometimes things are just old.

After their inspection they asked us to actually cut a new vent into the
attic, becuase the inspector "decided" there wasn't enough ventilation.
The inspector didn't like that some of the breakers were different
brands. He saw some fading paint and assumed that the siding was
failing.

On the day of closing, the buyers gave a new addendum to the escrow
agent to give to us, and told her not to distribute any funds until she
heard from them. Bast***ds are out of contract and useing the words
"dry rot" in the addnendum, and claiming theres was bad siding (the
inspection report didn't have any in this spot). We slapped some primer
on and called it done, since all they were seeing was a spot where
something had dented the siding a couple of years earlier.

If I hadn't been towards the end of a work contract, and us needing to
close on the new place while I was still employeed, we would have told
them to take a long walk off a short pier.