Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Bringing mains water into outbuilding without cutting into concretebase?

Yea these many years ago we built The Mother of All Sheds (uk.d-i-y
passim) with a seriously meaty concrete base, and concrete block walls.

Some time later we ripped the back of the house off to extend.
We also took the opportunity (all new plumbing) to take power, main
drainage and mains water up to the shed whilst we had a mini digger on
site.

The electricity is in and working, but the plumbing has been waiting for
the right time.

I may now have the opportunity to bring the blue MDPE into the building
and fit a stop cock and various other wonders of cold water plumbing.

As I understand it the traditional way to being water into a building is
to bring it up through the slab which will protect it from frost but will
involve a lot of drilling, cursing and swearing cutting into the slab.
Also I can't hire manly tools at the moment.

So is there an accepted way to bring the MDPE up out of the ground and
through the block wall without the risk of freezing?

Cheers

Dave R