Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Copper pipe - seam???

On 04/04/2020 08:31, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 4 April 2020 04:14:05 UTC+1, PoorerRichard wrote:
replying to John Rumm, PoorerRichard wrote:
We had a three inch copper drain line fail. It just started leaking and it
took opening up the base of the wall structure to remove it. It looked exactly
ad if a deal had failed lengthwise along the bottom. It was under the floor
for more than forty years, but I thought it was good for the life of the
structure. I've also heard that the past few years here on L. I., Copper
fittings and pipes a re pinholing since our water got hard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select...aching_of_zinc

Not much zinc in a copper pipe harry!

(Dezincification is something that can affect brass fittings, but not
copper pipe)

--
Cheers,

John.