Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

Default Cut the grass. One extreme to another

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 23:49:38 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 06/04/2020 18:47, Bev wrote:
On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 14:37:23 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Problem I have is the mower can collect or mulch, but does not have a
deck with an open side or back, so it can't just cut and drop.

Is there not a way to remove the chute from the cutter deck to give the
opening you require which would allow a 'cut and drop'? Most of the
ride-
on mowers I've seen which resemble your description (including
mine)will, with a bit of jiggling around, allow the chute to be
removed. On mine (Honda) there are either 2 or 4 (I can't remember
which) self tapper like screws which allow the chute to be pulled out
from the collector mounting plate.

The chute can be removed easily (and in fact you need to to fit the
mulching attachment). However that still leaves the exit hole in the
middle top of the deck (the blades contra rotate toward it), where it
will then just spray the cuttings up into the drive train of of the
mower.

Ahh, a slightly different design to mine then as the chute enters lower
towards the rear of the deck and removing it throws the grass more to the
rear than upwards.