Default Home inspection dilemma - missing gutters

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone considers the
cost of the gutters - which will be absolutely trivial compared to the
cost of just about any house - to be an issue.

What is it with first-time buyers, that they think it's reasonable
to considering breaking a deal for something that is going to cost
a couple of hundred bucks, at most? Cripes, don't they have ANY
sense of proportion?

No. And not only that, many of them would rather have absolutely the
most things they're entitled to than a house they actually like. I think
its an ego-response the the insecurity of not knowing what the hell they're
doing.