Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cut the grass. One extreme to another

On 06/04/2020 18:47, Bev wrote:
On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 14:37:23 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Problem I have is the mower can collect or mulch, but does not have a
deck with an open side or back, so it can't just cut and drop.

Is there not a way to remove the chute from the cutter deck to give the
opening you require which would allow a 'cut and drop'? Most of the ride-
on mowers I've seen which resemble your description (including mine)will,
with a bit of jiggling around, allow the chute to be removed. On mine
(Honda) there are either 2 or 4 (I can't remember which) self tapper like
screws which allow the chute to be pulled out from the collector mounting
plate.

The chute can be removed easily (and in fact you need to to fit the
mulching attachment). However that still leaves the exit hole in the
middle top of the deck (the blades contra rotate toward it), where it
will then just spray the cuttings up into the drive train of of the
mower. (Decks that are designed to cut and drop usually have an opening
at the back of side of the enclosure in the same plane as the blades
rotation).

--
Cheers,

John.