Posted to uk.d-i-y
simon mitchelmore simon mitchelmore is offline

Default Integral USB Chargers in 13A sockets

Does anyone know if the USB charger is permanently energised (when fitted as part of 13A sockets) or whether it's turned on via a micro switch when the USB plug is inserted (I'm guessing the former)?

I know the current draw of a USB charger is tiny when open circuit but, being 'old school', I always remove the USB lead plug when not charging our phones but this may be the cause of several USB leads becoming faulty. Maybe I should leave the USB leads connected permanently and relax?