Dave Hinz

Default How to keep raccoons away

On Tue, 11 May 2004 13:54:53 -0400, wrote:

I practically garrotted myself on a wire gate that I
thought was open. Caught the wire (between barbs, thankfully) right under
the chin, and both feet went out in front of me.. *wham* "I don't
want to play, anymore."

Heh. I did pretty much the same thing years ago when I was a brand-new,
shiny EMT. Responded to a car accident; the car had run off the road,
through a barbed wire fence, and overturned, scattering it's un-belted
occupants. Things were going really well in my getting to them, until
I encountered the part of the barbed wire fence which was still
intact. Nice scars, one on my upper arm, another on my chest. I didn't
mention it to anyone at the scene, or I would have got that year's award
at our annual party, for sure.

Fences, plus dark, plus more speed than visibility, are a bad combination.

Dave Hinz