Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Cut the grass. One extreme to another

John Rumm formulated the question :
Yup same here - got the first cut done yesterday. The ground had got as far
as soft but firm enough to support the mower! A week ago it was still far to
soggy.

I did my third run round with my little tractor/mower yesterday, the
first cut at the beginning of last week when it was just dry enough to
drive on. I don't collect the cuttings, otherwise it chokes the blades
up, I just make the initial cuts in stages, longest then shorter.

Just two weeks ago, it needed wellies just to walk upon it.