Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Cut the grass. One extreme to another

If you don't use water down deep, then you end up with bald patches and
other bits all lanky and tufty, depending on the type of grass. At least
that was what we ended up with in 76.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
A month ago If I walked down the garden, water squirted
out from under my wellies and up my legs.

Today there are huge cracks everywhere and the ground has
set like concrete.

It needs some feeding and moss treatment but the only rain
is forecast for tonight. Next week is going to be dry, but
the box says don't apply immediately after cutting the grass.

Does anyone else bother to wait for few days after cutting the
grass before applying weed-n-feed ?.

We'll have a hosepipe ban soon

Andrew