Cafe1

Default Acid vs. concrete.

Thanks. The concrete I have is rock solid and smooth, so I'm not sure that
a high-pressure washer would be able to break it up. I have seen concrete
where the very top layer can become degraded and scrapes off, but I think
that's from when the concrete was first poured and maybe too much water was
used when they "floated" the top to smooth it out.

In a way, that's why I was wondering about my acid idea. I just wondered if
the acid would degrade the structure of the concrete enough to enable it to
break up easily. But I have a hunch that what others said about needing too
much acid, etc., is probably correct. But, who knows, I might just try a
little and see what happens.

"Mary Shafer" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 May 2004 19:42:59 GMT, "wayne" wrote:

Concrete saw to put groove in it then a jackhammer! I would also think
about adding some soil and making a mound and maybe a planter?

This is probably a silly question, but what about combining the
concrete saw with a high-pressure washer?

A friend's driveway was badly eroded by a fellow with a high-pressure
washer (although in fairness I have to admit the big oil stain was
also removed), so I know that these will remove concrete. It didn't
take long to damage the driveway, either, so I assume that taking the
concrete apart wouldn't take forever.

Groove it with the saw and then use the washer to widen and deepen the
cut, eventually undercutting chunks until it's gone?

This sounds too simple, so I'm sure there are good reasons that it's a
bad idea.

Mary