Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Copper pipe - seam???

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 04/04/2020 08:31, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 4 April 2020 04:14:05 UTC+1, PoorerRichard wrote:
replying to John Rumm, PoorerRichard wrote: We had a three inch copper
drain line fail. It just started leaking and it took opening up the
base of the wall structure to remove it. It looked exactly ad if a
deal had failed lengthwise along the bottom. It was under the floor
for more than forty years, but I thought it was good for the life of
the structure. I've also heard that the past few years here on L. I.,
Copper fittings and pipes a re pinholing since our water got hard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select...aching_of_zinc

There was poor quality copper pipe coming into the country in the late
1970s and early 1980s.

yes, I must have bought some. About 10 years ago, a pinhole appeared in the
pipe feeding our storage tank.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England