Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Interconnected smoke detectors - no circuit breaker?

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 3:44:06 PM UTC-4, Homeowner 2019 wrote:
replying to dansabrservices, Homeowner 2019 wrote:
Open up the panel, it should be the only breaker with 2 hot wires connected to

the breaker.
You mean open the breaker box? What do you mean by 2 hot wires?

He means two wires connected to one circuit breaker. But this is mostly
wrong. Most circuit breakers aren't rated for having two wires connected.
And AFAIK you could also have the smoke alarms connected to whatever
breaker by just wiring them into the circuit, AFAIK it doesn't have to be
done at the breaker. What is your actual problem or issue?

Two red wires?
Connected to the breaker switch? First time homeowner, forgive me for needing
more simplified instructions. I only recall seeing black switches, not wires
in the breaker box.

The wires are visible once you remove the panel cover. But if you're not
familiar with panels, I would not suggest removing the cover or at least
look at some online videos first. It's simple, but you want to make sure
after it's loose you pull it straight off. You don't want to be holding it
and have the top corner dip inside and contact the live service conductors.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1127388-.htm