The Natural Philosopher

Default Eric Clapton gets CBE

IMM wrote:

Jeremy Paxmans book is really fascinatiing. Do you know, teh majority of
pliticians - those who pontficate and pronounce on all weighty matters,
have done nothing more exciting than being school teachers or sochul
wurkahs? Even teh labour party has almost zero members from trades or
manual work, and even the conservatives have almost zero members from
top industrial management?

This old idea that top industrial management only support the Tories. Get
real please. During Thatcher many top industrialist supported Labour and
SDLP policies. Many would keep shut as if you showed your true colours the
gates would close on you and your company. A bad time for freedom under the
wicked witch.

A bad time for freedom any tme since the last war, and pretty bad befre
that as well.

Its nice word, freedom. Never seen it for real of course...

They are all career politicians, and, a
Jeremy points out the majoriy *arte earning more as MP's than they have,
in any other job they have held*.

Churchill was a career political. he crossed the house twice in order to be
where the power was. Today he would be in the Labour party.

Funny. I thought he was a journalist and at least something in the
military. Of course he crossed the floor several times. And finally got
lucky. An arsehole of teh nth degree, but usefulk at the time...or was he?

In short, its not about selecteing teh best and most skilled and lettng
them have a crack at making sane descision, its a normal huerarchy of
brown nosing career people, each greedy to get to the top and get their
noises in the trough.

Its not the Lords that wants reforming, its the Commons.

Both, with the Lords totally getting rid of all hereditary and religious
peers.

Why? At least they have no political axes to grind.

The seat of government should be in a more central location in the
UK, instead of the bottom right hand corner, with a parliament building(s)
totally capable of running a modern government. For e.g., each member
should have their own office and the chamber semi -circular with space for
everyone. the current old chapel can't even accommodate all the MPs and is
formed like cockpit which creates a rather farcical chamber and atmosphere.
The financial centre and government are all in one location, which is not
good for good government. Power is then centred in one spot, as in the UK,
which has the press, finance and government all centred. The ignorance of
the UK regions by the London national press is too plain to see. Many top
countries split these up in separate cities. We have a lot to learn from
other countries.

Oh dear. Frankly I think we should put the whole damned thing online and
leave the bloody MP's at home...