Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Must get newer laptop connected

On 3/31/2020 12:18 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
[top posting is the default in Win Live Mail]

"Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message ...

On 3/31/2020 9:54 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
This is a test to confirm that I can finally retire my XP laptop and
post from this Win7 one.

"Jim Wilkins"Â* wrote in message ...

Â* Looks to me like you got it nailed . I'm still trying to decide
whether to move all my daily use stuff over to the Win7 OS or leave it
here on the XP boot .

Â*Snag
----------------------
My only remaining "snag" was posting to Usenet, since the Outlook
Express in XP was discontinued. Thunderbird didn't configure itself
properly to send but Live Mail seems OK. The Firefox bookmarks were
easy to export from XP and import into 7.Â* Look under "Show all
Bookmarks".

My fleamarket Win10 Thinkpad T530 gathers dust between update sessions.

Â* Kinda hard to migrate when both OS's are in the same comp ... I just
replaced the failing motherboard in this desktop with a newer one that
will run 7 , and installed it in an otherwise empty 500 Gb drive . So
far that's the only "snag" I've found with this setup . Oh , and I run
Tbird on all these comps , makes it much simpler to move to another comp
, like using the laptop when we travel .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old