JerryMouse

Default Acid vs. concrete.

Cafe1 wrote:
Here's the problem:

I have a 30" by 30" square concrete slab (underground pillar) in my
yard that is several feet (or more) deep. It used to be the base for
an old ham radio antenna tower that neighbors say was 40 or 50 feet
high. The concrete base was put in by the former owners who are now
deceased. It sticks up about 1 inch above ground level and I want to
get rid of it.

[...]

There's bad news.

Like an iceberg, there's more there than you see.

Consider the torque on a fifty foot tower in a modest wind.

The hunk of concrete you see is probably at the intersection of a large
"T" - maybe 20x20 feet with the out-riggers a foot square with rebar. You
are NOT going to tip this sucker into a nearby hole.

You have a genuine Caddy Shack moment.