The Natural Philosopher

Default Eric Clapton gets CBE

IMM wrote:

The economy is booming, the pound
is almighty strong,

This is not necessarily helpful.

I suppose poverty and deprivation is.

And what does the relative value of one
currency to another have to do
with povery and deprivation?

It is indicative of the strength of the British economy. Britain is admired
throughout the world the way it has handled its economy, with many looking
hard at the way Britain does things.

Oh excuse me, Britain is a joke.

No one in the world has got its economy 'right'. By dint of doing
nothing and leaving MOST of what John major was doing strictly alone,
all that can be said is tha britain has failed to make any further
mistakes.

If you examine facts (always distateful to you, I admit)

A Tory voter ignores facts, as they so obsessed with petty snobbery.

Which Tory voter would that be then? I dopn't see one nearby...

you will find that many countries are desperate to
devalue their currencies in order
to be able to export their goods at all.

It is a balancing act of cheaper exports to more expensive imports. Germany
in the 1970s had a very strong currency that mad their products expensive.
Yet people still bought them as they were/perceived to be well made so good
value for money. If you make tat then the tat has to be cheap.

Gosh. Did you get that from teh Bumper Book of Hopw Things Work as well?

What world do you live in?

One where real hard facts rule, not wishful muddled thinking.

You are confused by petty snobbery, wanting an aristocracy that still rips
us off, etc.

You entirely misunderstand me as usual. You can only conceive of two
sorts of people, faithful labour votahs like you, and your conception of
toffs and aristocrats who went to 'snotty uni' and vote tory.

Sadly, there are huge numbers of people out there who fail to fit your
limited consceptualisations, and I happen to be one.

One good point was that the "real" and "true" king of England, King Michael
1st, who lives in Australia and has barbies and drinks tubes of Fosters,
voted for a republic for Australia. Imagine this lot of parasitical
impostors doing that.

I wnder how hard Tony Robinson had to work to make that result happen.

I wonder how many of te 'true kings' ancestoirs were illegitimate.

Let's face it, pretty much one marriage in three has a son or daughter
that doesn't belong to both the so called parents.

If they had DNA testing back in 1456 or whatever, its doubtful whether
the system could have withstood it.

Thats why teh Celts had matrilineal inheritance. They accepted

the impossibility of actually knowing who the real father was...

Ive notoiced an alarming tendency for women to shag the hunkiest, but
marry the most secure...sometimes within the same day..

---