SLQ

Default Home inspection dilemma - missing gutters

I am a first time homebuyer and recently I had the home inspected,
where--among other things--the inspector noted that rain gutters were
missing from the front of the house (curiously there are gutters in
snip
Based on the inspection results, I asked to the seller to perform a
number of tasks, including re-installing the gutters in front. The
seller has since responded and refuses to install the gutters, stating
simply that there weren't any front gutters when she purchased the
home 7 yrs ago. While that may be true, I feel that gutters are to be
considered a home necessity, rather than an optional item, so I still
feel that I am being reasonable in asking that they be installed.

Should I hold firm in asking for new gutters, or is this wishful
thinking?

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Never have the owner do the repairs, you will get the lowest, cheapest
shoddiest repair. I am currently buying a home that never had gutters in 25
years and needs them along with a roof, repairs to the deck, fence around
the pool, work on the electrical system and bannisters.

I based my purchase price on doing these repairs myself, however the current
owner has insisted on installing the bannisters, even though I do not want
him do because of the workmanship I will expect to get.
--
Nothing Remains the Same-SLQ