Mark

Default Home inspection dilemma - missing gutters

In article ,
osspam says...
No, they aren't a "necessity". Most homes, if properly landscaped and
maintained, will do just fine without them.

Nonsense. That may be true in Arizona, but falling water from the eaves will
leave a trench around the house that nothing will grow in.

Did you not see my qualifier of "proper landscaping"? And,
since my comment was specific to the structure (not the
landscaping), what the falling water may or may not do to
the ability for something to grow is irrelevant.

unless code in your jurisdiction _requires_ gutters
(which is highly unlikely), you do not have grounds to break
your contract.

Not so unlikely. Our midwest community requires gutters on new housing per the
new BOCA codes.

Assuming your hearsay is accurate, that is for new, not
existing residential. Completely inapplicable to the point
in question.

Other areas have required gutters in public and commercial
buildings for many years.

Completely inapplicable to the residential dwelling in
question.

--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.