Sandra Loosemore

Default Home inspection dilemma - missing gutters

(Jon) writes:

My concern is that if neither side were to budge, and I tried to walk
away from the deal on the basis of the missing gutters, that this may
not be sufficient grounds to reclaim my deposit. Does anyone know the
answer to this?

What does your inspection contingency clause in the contract say?
Usually these things are so vague that you can walk away from the deal
for any reason at all within the allotted time, but you need to have
your attorney (you do have an attorney, right?) look over the exact
wording in your particular contract, instead of asking random people on
the net for advice about it.

Should I hold firm in asking for new gutters, or is this wishful
thinking?

Well, what if the seller holds firm in refusing to install gutters?
Is that really a show-stopper for you? You could have the gutters
installed yourself after you move in, after all.

-Sandra the cynic