The Natural Philosopher

Default Eric Clapton gets CBE

IMM wrote:

"Mr E" wrote in message

However, there is a simpler measure of
unemployment (or at least wealth) which can be adopted by anyone. As I
implied in my earlier post, the number of cars on the road is a good
indicator of wealth.

Not only that, the age of them too. Far, far more newer cars around,

and

more expensive models too, these days than when the wicked witch was in
charge.

Yup, because by holding interest rates down its easy to borrow ten times
your annual salary. However its a precarious thing. Maggie used norh sea
oil to fnd a consumer boom,

She never. She used it to pay the unemployed when her harebrained economic
schemes naturally collapsed.

Which otherise would have been funded by taxes. The inability of your
intellec to grasp basic points never fails to amaze.

Tony Benn described as reckless.

I know, I've ben thinking that is an apt description of Tony Benn for
year. '******' is another way of putting it.

One of the
greatest legacies gifted to this country, that should have been used to
create wealth was squandered.

No argument there.

Gordon brown is using consumer credit. Both
are finite resources. Bust is on teh way. Its
just a matter of time, as
north sea oil and credit are BOTH running out...

For the past 6 years the right wing has predicted bust, they have been
preying for it. It hasn't come.

Preying for it eh? I s'pose that goes with them being "hawk's" har har!

I know you are of the opinion that left-right politucs isn't dead, but
believe me, it sure smells that way.

I can't see an ounce of difference between Maggie Thatcher and Tiny
Bliar when it comes to out and out self delusion and egomania.

---