Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Washing machine door lock

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 21:23:09 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)"
wrote:

This design sounds a bit of an afterthought. My Panasonic has a solenoid you
can hear it quite clearly.
Brian

Most other machines (including Panasonic) use the same or similar
switch. I assumed mine had a solenoid which I "could hear quite
clearly", but in fact the click was the switch popping down when it
cooled down, kicking the slider out on its spring.

I've now seen many articles on Google on how the switch works and how
to change it - I wish I'd seen them before tinkering with mine.

I did see a picture of an AEG lock that includes a solenoid.
--
Dave W