Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Masks

In article ,
wrote:
When I go out, I see lots of people wearing masks. I also see medical
people wearing masks when dealing with COVID-19 cases. Why is this? The
BBC was unequivocal, at the start of this crisis, in stating that masks
are not useful as a preventive measure against COVID-19.

Was the BBC wrong, or lying? I don't recall seeing/hearing any official
retraction of the previously stated position.

It's said they may not help stop you catching it. But may help reduce you
spreading it to others.

We're meant to cough or sneeze into a tissue. Some coughs are involuntary.
A mask might help contain those or at least shorten the distance it
travels.

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.