Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Possibly for ARW - cable reel recommendation

On 27/03/2020 10:45, Bev wrote:
I'm looking to buy (by *delivery*) a 25 - 30m extension cable and reel.
Single socket output is fine but water resistant if possible. Fully
unwound with a minimum 2500w rating/240v/13A. Fully wound ideally around
1000w to cope with partial unwinding for use with chainsaw or hedge
trimmer.

Prefer metal reel but good *strong* 'plastic' would suffice. I don't like
cassette types though.

ebay/amazon etc throw up lots of options but recommendations from those
who use them preferred.

https://www.screwfix.com/c/electrica...al-_-cablereel

Also Jojo do some readily available 25m and 50m reels with thermal
cutouts at the reel end to protect from over heating if too much current
is drawn when wound.

(I would suggest if going for the open reel type, make sure there is a
cable feed slot or guide, otherwise they have a habit of unwinding and
turning into a rats nest if you are not very careful)

--
Cheers,

John.