Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT chloroquine vs COVID-19

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:24:13 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

I had possible malaria whilst living in the tropics and was prescribed
12 tablets of chloroquine, sorry don't remember the dosage, it was 40yrs
ago,
in a 24hr period. 12 in one go was a fatal dose.

Try colchicine! I had 100 tablets of that, and the fatal dose is quite
small. When they didn't work, I took them into the pharmacy and told them
there was enough in there to kill several people.

"Early features of overdose (up to 1 day after ingestion) include nausea,
vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhoea. Diarrhoea may be profuse and
bloody, and the patient may present with electrolyte disturbances and
hypovolaemic shock.

Features after 1€“7 days include confusion, decreased cardiac output,
cardiac arrhythmias, renal and hepatic impairment, respiratory distress,
hyperpyrexia, and bone-marrow depression. This can progress in severe
cases to include multiple organ failure with accompanying bone-marrow
aplasia, convulsions, coma, rhabdomyolysis, and disseminated
intravascular coagulation."

And there's another bit somewhere that says: "Survivors may develop
alopecia".