ameijers

Default Bath Tub Refinishing

"Sanbar" wrote in message
I have an old bath tub that is in excellent condition but I want to change
the color from tan to white. Any opinions on the effectiveness of
refinishing.

Thanks

Based on refinished tubs I have seen, and repeated threads on here, I would
never refinish a tub that was in good condition, only one with a damaged
finish that I was trying to get a few more years out of. They may look
pretty when first done, but if the tub is used regularly or cleaned with the
wrong chemicals, the finish quickly fails in many cases. I'm sure somebody
will jump in here saying it worked fine for them, but I never was too
impressed with how they hold up. I'd rethink the color scheme I was trying
for. Tan can look fine with the right tiles and floor color, or maybe do one
wall with a paper or paint color that picks up the tub. Of course, if you
have or are replacing the toilet and sink, it may be awful hard to match the
color. Maybe a tan counter, or some tan accent rows in the floor or tub
surround, with the field tiles matching the other fixtures, would make it
work? (Obviously I'm no interior decorator- I like ultra-plain bathrooms-
makes it easier to see what needs scrubbing.)

aem sends....