Eric Scantlebury

Default hot water coming into cold water line

"mike" wrote in message
om...
I manage the facilities for a 100 year old hotel turned into a
school...in our big commercial kitchen, when you turn on the cold
water in the morning at the sinks you get 30 seconds of very hot water
coming out...thn the cold comes...anybody got any clever ideas on how
to figure out where it is coming from...I already know I can hire a
plumber who may spend hours tracking it (at $90 per hour)...I am
looking for a do-it-yourself solution.

Many thanks for any help.

If it's not as the other two posters suggested then....

I'd look for a cold water leak and "assume" that the pressurized hot water
was "back filling" through the faucet?