Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default AGA solid fuel cooker

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:03:26 +0000, ss wrote:

On 24/03/2020 09:13, Muddymike wrote:
On 23/03/2020 12:39, wrote:
Anyone know where I can find original instructions for 4 door Solid
Fuel (Charcoal)AGA? Also any agents in UK still stocking spares for
this model (c.1954)?

What do you need to know? I used to have one. Installed and serviced it
myself.

Mike

I can get you instructions for

Aga Solid Fuel Deluxe
Cookers
Models C, CB, E
(1956-2001)

The OP says charcoal fired - but were they, in the early 1950's?
Surely charcoal wouldn't have been that easy to come by then,
certainly not in the quantity required to keep an AGA going 24/7. I
thought it was coke, or anthracite.

as I remember*, it was called "Phurnacite" - egg shaped pellets. Our only
needed filling twice a day. I'm sure in some rural areas that amount of
charcoal would hve been available.

* we had an AGA from 1964 until I rebuilt the kitchen in 1969. It wasn't
until I came to take it apart that I discovered why it never worked
properly. It hadn't been assembled correctly. ;-(

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England