Harry K

Default Water heater pressure relief value drip

"HeatMan" wrote in message k.net...
Yeah, but run a leaking one to a drain?

"William Morris" wrote in
message ...
Actually, where I live, it's required by city code to have a pipe running
from the tpr to within a few inches of the floor. Oddly, they don't care
much if you have a drain for that pipe to run to...

- Wm

"HeatMan" wrote in message
. net...

"Remove dots from userid to reply" wrote

in
message news:AOsmc.44267$NZ4.9695@lakeread05...
About four months ago, we replaced our electric water

So. The question is: do I *need* an expansion tank? I was given two
1) Expansion tank.
2) Just run a tube from the valve to the floor drain nearby

Who told you to run the 'tube' from the valve to the floor?

The TPR valve should -always- be run to a drain, code or no code.
Just picture what happens if the valve opens and fails to close again
(yes it happens). You now have an open connection to the service line
that will continue to spew water until someone shuts it off. No
drain?? Where do you think the water is going to go??

Harry K