Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Charging your car at home.

In message , at 11:06:35 on
Sun, 22 Mar 2020, Chris Hogg remarked:
I remember viewing a 1930's house where the garage door was visibly
narrower than the estate agent's Audi TT. Had probably been built for
something about the size of an original mini, like an Austin 7.

I have a laugh the other day. There are these "speed cushions" in the
next village, and a guy in an Austin 7 came along.

Straight down the gap between them

-) A childhood friend's parents had one. Parked up in the village high

street one day and watched a rear wheel roll past and on down the
street! 3 stud fixing?

Yes, happened to a friend of mine's father. He was overtaken by his
own rear wheel! A 1930's Austin Seven IIRC. The wheels had elongated
holes for the bolts IYSWIM, and all you had to do was slacken the nuts
slightly without undoing them fully (possibly even just wing nuts) and
turn the wheel a few degrees and lift it off. The trouble was, the
nuts slackened over time and when you braked, the wheel moved under
the nuts and just came off!

The wheels used to come off Morris Minors too (I actually saw it happen
on the M4 in the late 70's). But I think that was corrosion in the
suspension rather than loose nuts.
--
Roland Perry