Lee Blaver

Default problem with a combi boiler

Alastair Rainsbury wrote:

I've just moved into a new house, and it has a combi boiler. The central
heating from it works fine both upstairs and downstairs - all the
radiators heat up.

The problem is with the hot water. The hot water tap in the kitchen next
to the boiler works fine, but there is no hot water in the bathroom
upstairs. The radiator in the bathroom (and other upstairs rooms) work
fine, but no hot water comes out of either the shower, or the bathroom
sink.

Can anyone give me a few pointers on what the problem might be, where to
start looking, etc.

It seems weird that it's only the ho****er upstairs that's not working -
if it was all the hot water, or if everything upstairs (i.e. radiators
included) that didn't work it would make more sense to me.

If you mean no water comes out at all, have you checked for a closed
stopcock?
If however, you get cold water out of the taps, have you checked there
is no hot water cylinder or thermal store installed? ...

Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com