Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default I want to improve my front door lock

On Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 7:12:06 AM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
On Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 4:59:34 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In sci.electronics.repair, on Mon, 9 Mar 2020 12:56:02 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

OK - I gotta ask: Why?

So I won't get locked out of the house again.

Far easier to hide a physical key.

Nah.

Get a wind chime, one of those oriental looking ones with weird shaped pieces of metal.

Add a lock pick and tension wrench to it. Hang it near your door.

Practice a bit with it - you only have one lock to get used to and you'll quickly learn how to pick that one.

This is zero risk. Real thieves kick your door in. That one in a million who actually knows how to pick a lock already has lock picks. Neighborhood kids won't know what your picks are or how to use them if they did see them.