Nate B

Default Can I refurbish my kitchen cabinets?

"Al Kondo"

Any thoughts or suggestions
will be welcomed.

I have yet to see a refinish job I though looked good. Just me, though.
It's a shortcut, and looks like it, IMO. Refacing? Seems you have to pay
someone to do that - and if you were to do it yourself, you'd spend a
similar amount of time as ripping out and re-installing fresh new cabinets.
You'd also still be stuck with your old drawers and that funny smell in the
back of the cabinets. A kitchen's worth of cabinets should come to a lot
less than 10k, unless you have a really large and sophisticated kitchen.
4-5 k for nice ones seems about par. Hanging kitchen cabinets is a hell of
lot easier than hanging and finishing drywall on a ceiling, IMO.

- Nate