Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Self-Rejuvenating Hearing Aid Batteries

On 3/15/20 12:13 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 12:59:34 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Been using hearing aids for several weeks that run on size 312 zinc-air
button batteries. They last about a week then go dead along a very sharp
discharge curve.

I measured some used ones in a battery tester and their voltage has
returned to normal- around 1.45v. Not sure how long they'd last if tried
them back in the hearing aids- or it's a good idea to put them in there.

I've tried. Some lasted 5 or 6 hours. A few lasted all day. Some
were dead in less than an hour

Yeah, probably not worth the fuss...plus having them go dead on you soon
right in the middle of something would be a PITA!

--
When I had minimum wage jobs, my goal was to better myself€” not to
better the minimum wage.