Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Mounting security light

On 3/15/2020 3:12 PM, wrote:
Through trial and error I have determined that the threads are 7mm, I can find that size in zinc, but not in stainless.

The bolts come through the top of flange of the light casing and are exposed above.

Is there something I can cover them with to protect them from the elements ?

Should I just tape them up real well w/blk electrical tape ?

Where can I find 7mm stainless ?

Probably not going to; Fastenal doesn't have anything in either cap
screw nor machine screw in SS in 7M -- and da-d little 7mm of any material.

I'd probably retap to something sensible like 1/4-18 and then use brass
or bronze, SS is likely to set up galvanic reaction anyway. Unless it's
really heavy or subject to some other loading issues, nylon would work.

Cover the top side with good dab of silicon; surely it's under an eave
or something and not in direct weather anyway?