Posted to alt.home.repair
Hawk Hawk is offline

Default Mounting security light

On 3/15/2020 11:37 AM, wrote:
Recounting a security light on the side of the house that has been down for a while. The housing of the light looks like some sort of cast pot-metal clamps to a 1.6" metal arm.
I need 2 bolts to hold the clamp in place and enter into pre-threaded holes in the light housing.

Question: Do I need to use stainless steel bolts to keep the bolts from croading away at the metal housing ?

Stainless will help but even they eventually rust over time. I use zinc
coated and spray them wit lithium grease before screwing them in. I very
seldom, if ever, have a problem when removing them to do work if needed.