Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default DIY manuals - are they still a thing?

On 14/03/2020 14:28, John Rumm wrote:
On 13/03/2020 08:26, alan_m wrote:
On 12/03/2020 15:07, wrote:
On Thursday, 12 March 2020 09:53:52 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google)
wrote:
Back in the day I worked from DIY manuals, including a very good
Readers
Digest one. We are talking 1970s though.

Is my memory playing tricks or did one vintage of this manual show
you how
cover a panelled interior door with plywood (or quite possibly
hardboard),
while a later vintage told you how to restore a door that had had such
an atrocity perpetrated on it?

Slightly before my time but I believe that was down to a DIY expert on
a TV program of the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Bucknell

Also master of the spiral ratchet screwdriver. With flat blades.
Obviously everything was pilot drilled *and* assembled beforehand.