Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Flame sensing electrodes

Virtually nothing for the past 30 years. Its not a Hotpoint!

Its well designed and the construction makes it simple and easy to
service. I can pull out the burner assembly, the motor and the fan with
nothing more than a single cross headed screwdriver in under 10 minutes.
The logic controls for ignition, ignition failure and overheat conditions
make it very €śfail safe€ť. It has two gas solenoids in series making the
potential for gas escape in the event of a leaking solenoid exceedingly
remote.

Im very happy using it at night or when out of he house. Dont think Id
feel the same about an electric one.

Tim

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:
This appliance redefines the term old to me. I cannot help but wonder what
else might be happening in the unit. Gas, electricity, water and textiles
and a flame, what could possibly go wrong!

Brian

--
Please don't feed the trolls