Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Flame sensing electrodes

alan_m wrote:
On 13/03/2020 17:40, Tim+ wrote:
Anyone know how these work and why my tumble dryer has a long central
electrode in the flame path with an adjacent earth pin that is angled so
that theres a small gap between the end of the insulated electrode and the
end of the earth pin.

Thermocouple for flame detection.

Um no. Its electronic.

Is the other electrode an earth pin or the electrode for the spark and
is actually connected to a HV generating circuit.

Its definitely NOT an ignition electrode, thats handled by a separate
electrode next to the burner.

Having said that, if it looks like an ignition electrode, maybe Ill have
more luck searching for one of those that I can repurpose.

The machine is working again after cleaning and regapping the electrode. I
think the main problem is that the earth electrode has eroded so much, it
tends to sag in the heat and close up the gap. When it gets too small, it
doesnt seem to detect the flame any more.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls