Andy Hall

Default Table Saw Fence Problems

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:31:21 -0000, "Stephen Williams"
wrote:

Sorry John, reading my OP again I see that it is not very clear.
The sled works fine even though I built it! I use it for cutting sheets of
ply and cutting short rails to length.
It's the rip fence supplied with the TS that is causing me the problem. For
instance if I want to cut a long rail in half I can't seem to get the fence
to cut at the width I thought I set it at, and yes I have allowed for the
thickness of the blade.
I might just have to make a fence that will work off one of the runners I
guess.

Has anyone done this?

Steve

It may be the mounting arrangement of the fence flexing as you run
material through.

Try using a clamp such as a Quick-grip clamp arranged vertically front
and back on the fence (angled to be out of the way). This would hold
the fence firmly down to the table and may help.
..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl