Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default DIY manuals - are they still a thing?

On 12/03/2020 15:07, wrote:
On Thursday, 12 March 2020 09:53:52 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
Back in the day I worked from DIY manuals, including a very good Readers
Digest one. We are talking 1970s though.

Is my memory playing tricks or did one vintage of this manual show you how
cover a panelled interior door with plywood (or quite possibly hardboard),
while a later vintage told you how to restore a door that had had such
an atrocity perpetrated on it?

Slightly before my time but I believe that was down to a DIY expert on a
TV program of the time.
My parents having purchased their first house covered all doors with
hardboard and boxed in the stairs with the same. It was the "modern" 60s
look.