Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY manuals - are they still a thing?

On Thursday, 12 March 2020 15:28:59 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
David wrote:

Back in the day I worked from DIY manuals, including a very good Readers
Digest one. We are talking 1970s though.

These days most of the advice seems to be YouTube videos and websites.

Are there any real paper DIY manuals which are both good and current?

Pretty well all the basics of DIY ain't changed much. Sure there are more
power tools around to assist with things, but that's about all.

DIY books only ever covered the basics of things like plumbing and
electrics anyway - and they are still the same.

I leafed through a 1970s reader's digest diy manual late last year. It surprised me how much of it was truly out of date, and how plainly dangerous some of the advice was.

NT